The Berman Method of Golf Performance: the method proven to help you outdrive your buddies and hit shorter irons into the green even if you are 60 or older.
- (1:08):Jake has been working, the past year, on developing a technique specifically for golfers over the age of 60 to help them increase distance off the tee.
- (1:23):The technique has been patented as The Berman Method of Golf Performance.
- (2:30):Jake has been fine tuning this method on what are the very specific things that need to be happening in order to increase distance off the tee & not have back pain.
- (3:55):He looked into what is the specific mobility required and muscles required to maximize distance and minimize stress on the body.
- (4:40):Jake has created three different groups of people he is working with right now to just show everybody that it does not matter how old you are, if you have physical disabilities, or if you are a scratch golfer or not scratch golfer.
- (6:18):The second guy he is working with, the Godfather, has physical restrictions, where both of his legs below the knees are paralyzed, he has got an autoimmune disorder that essentially killed all the nerves in his lower legs.
- (8:50):take someone that is over 60, that might not be able to hit it 200 yards off the tee, and you give them 10 more yards, that significantly increases their chances of reaching the green in regulation.
- (11:14):If you are a golfer, you know how much the mental aspect plays into the game. It is evident every single weekend when you look at the pros.
- (16:15):When someone 60 plus gets 10 yards more off the tee – it completely changes the game, it even changes their enjoyment of the game.
- (17:23):Age is not the determining factor of losing, muscles is the determining factor of losing distance off the tee.
- (17:50):Generally speaking, most amateur golfers use momentum to hit the golf ball, not power.
- (18:12):Power is for muscles, you use muscles to generate power. When you use muscle to hit the golf ball it goes farther.
- (18:38):Momentum on the other hand, is not controlled by power. If you use momentum after the age of 60
- (20:28): This is not golf philosophy or golf technique. Jake is not teaching a golf lesson.
- (21:00): What he cares about is using the right muscles at the right time to generate more power so that you hit the ball farther.
- (22:23): This makes the lesson you just paid for exponentially more beneficial, because you can actually do what your pro is trying to get you to do.
- (22:40): Ed, 71 years old, hitting his 6-iron 155 yards. After working with him for a while, he began hitting 186 yards with his 6-iron.
- (24:00): The biggest report is with the six guys who are starting the program. Jake can’t wait to start talking about their results, all six of them are so unique.
Join us on social media –
Facebook: @bermanwellness, @physicaltherapynaples
Instagram: @berman_wellness, @bermanphysicaltherapy
Email us –