Dr. Jake Berman, PT, DPT discusses the most common cause of rotator cuff pain and gives you a special tip to improve shoulder pain!
- (2:20): Rotator Cuff injuries are increasing after the Pandemic.
- (4:00): When we sit it is easy to fall into poor posture, leading to shoulder pain.
- (6:00): Often the pain response is related to something being “pinched”
- (7:45): Poor posture puts increased stress on the rotator cuff muscles
- (8:09): How the MRI relates to the shoulder pain and treatment
- (9:00): Xrays cannot identify soft tissue problems
- (13:05): Symptoms that mimic rotator cuff pathology
- (17:00): 2 Finger Posture
Check out the 2 Finger Posture on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLGz4oxFLjg
Join us on social media –
Facebook: @bermanwellness, @physicaltherapynaples
Instagram: @berman_wellness, @bermanphysicaltherapy
Email us –
After graduating from the University of Florida, Dr. Jake Berman, PT, DPT sought out mentorship first from Bob Seton in Destin, FL and then from Aaron Robles in Jacksonville, FL. Both of these mentors have 20+ years of experience helping people keep active and mobile so they can enjoy high quality active lifestyles. What Jake found was that back pain was by far the most debilitating pain and the highest factor leading to decreased physical activity later in life.
These experiences are what inspired Jake to specialize in helping people aged 50+ keep active, mobile and pain free despite the aging process. There is nothing more rewarding than being able to alleviate somebody’s back pain so that they can get back to living their best life- especially in Naples! Over the years of helping 100’s of people aged 65-75 become stronger and pain free, one thing for sure has become apparent: “he who rests rots”.
Jake is a firm believer that we become stiff then old, not old then stiff. Seriously, think about it...