Dehydration can cause severe impacts on the metabolism, headaches, bowel movements, energy, sleep, and much more!
- (3:50): Causes of Dehydration
- (7:45): When Jenni was sick, she was drinking nearly 2 gallons of water and was still constantly dehydrated. This is a sign of a GI issue or other metabolic concern.
- (8:26): Effects of dehydration.
- (10:45): Dehydration can cause WEIGHT GAIN!
- (12:00): Cutting out water to reduce water weight and lose weight leads to dehydration which actually hurts the metabolism.
- (14:00): Dehydration can increase joint pain, inflammation, arthritis.
- (15:30): Drinking 16 ounces of water prior to meals can increase the metabolism by 30%!
- (16:40): Drinking 16 ounces when first waking up helps reduce toxins. But drinking it before every meal is also important.
- (19:30): Your body and bladder will adjust to increased water intake.
- (21:00): Jenni generally recommends 80-100 ounces of water per day with a “normal” lifestyle depending on medical conditions.
- (22:00): We are NOT giving Medical Advice. This Podcast is for ENTERTAINMENT and NOT as medical advice! Consult with your Primary Care Physician.
- (23:00): You can drink TOO much water causing hyponatremia.
- (24:30): Electrolyte waters: Smart Water, Propel, etc – MODERATION is key (in summary). Be careful with medications!
- (26:45): Does Coffee Count? Caffeine is dehydrating.
- (27:55): Tonic Water has high fructose corn syrup in it.
- (29:10): For every cup of caffeine you drink, drink equally amount of water as soon as you’re done with the caffeinated drink.
- (29:45): Drink More Water.
Join us on social media –
Facebook: @bermanwellness, @physicaltherapynaples
Instagram: @berman_wellness, @bermanphysicaltherapy
Email us –