Weight loss specialist, Jenni Berman, PA-C discusses her 5 Tips to Prevent Weight Gain (or maybe even lose Abdominal Weight)
- (0:44): Targeted for postpartum, post menopause, or the struggle with abdominal weight.
- (1:00): The 3 primary reasons for abdominal weight, then we will discuss 5 tips to prevent weight gain or to help you to lose weight.
- (1:40): Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Dysfunction, Prediabetes, Diabetes
- (2:45): Sleep Apnea and Adrenal Fatigue can be symptoms of IR AND cause IR.
- (3:40): Many times the symptoms of the IR are treated with medication instead of fixing the CAUSE of IR.
- (5:37): We need to utilize food as fuel so the body can metabolize efficiently instead of storing food as sugar which turns to abdominal fat.
- (6:06): Vitamin Deficiencies are usually related to a leaky gut and malabsorption.
- (8:00): Calories in and Calories out do at the end of the day affect weight gain. However, we should focus on the macronutrients instead!
- (9:53): Three main issues that can cause weight gain: IR, Leaky Gut and Vitamin Deficiency, Calories In>Calories Out
- (10:15): Discussing the 5 Things to Prevent Weight Gain or to help you Lose weight
- (11:05): There is a reason that you crave carbs and sugars.
- (12:40): What is a carbohydrate? Carbohydrates and Sugar are interchangeable.
- (13:28): Are you drinking enough water?
- (15:25): The gut is the second brain. You must have a healthy gut to prevent inflammation, absorb nutrients, and to improve the metabolism.
- (16:58): Move everyday. We need a calorie deficit to lose weight.
- (18:15): You get Stiff and then Old. If you don’t move, you get stiff. You are not stiff because your age, you’re stiff because you aren’t moving enough.
- (19:04): You need adequate rest to lose weight.
- (19:38): Getting a normal REM cycle is important to stabilize cortisol level (high cortisol levels cause weight gain).
- (20:26): Magnesium deficiency can also affect sleep.
- (20:36): Cortisol elevation can affect sleep and the cause of this can be stress or insulin resistance.
- (22:05): Check out the Abdominal Weight Free Report!
- (22:45): We can help personalize meal plans for you!
Join us on social media –
Facebook: @bermanwellness, @physicaltherapynaples
Instagram: @berman_wellness, @bermanphysicaltherapy
Email us –