Podcast 20: Challenge: 10,000 Squats in 365 Days!
10,000 squats in a year will make you stronger next year than you are today.
30 squats a day (with intention) will only take 3 mins of your day.
- (2:35): Challenge: 30 Squats a day over the course of a year, 365 days. This will come out to 10,950 squats a year.
- (4:10): The reason for doing 30 squats a day is to become stronger than you are a year from today than you are now.
- (6:08): Every time you sit on a chair, it’s a squat. Every time you sit on a commode, it is considered a squat. Every time you get in and out of a vehicle, it is a squat.
- (7:30): Dr. Berman has a new book out! The Berman Method of Golf Performance! For golfers over the age of 60 who want to increase the distance off the tee. www.bermanpt.com/book
- (12:50): Stronger legs are important so you do not have back pain, as well as, not having to struggle to get out of a chair.
- (14:00): You are less likely to get out of the chair more frequently throughout the day if it is harder to do.
- (15:47): These are not considered proper squats into chairs: Plop down: a controlled fall into a chair or using momentum to get back up: using your hands to push off of an armrest/legs to stand up out of a chair.
- (16:50): When you plop down and use momentum to get back up you are not using muscles. If you do not use it, you lose it.
- (18:30): Make it take 3 seconds for you to sit down. Make it take 3 seconds to stand up. Takes 3 minutes a day to invest in being stronger next year than you are today.
Join us on social media –
Email us –