The Berman Method treats PROBLEMS and NOT Symptoms
Dr. Jake Berman, PT, DPT specializes in back pain and the symptoms related to back, hip, or knee pain. He evaluates where the problem is actually coming from, which may not really be from the back even if you’re having back pain!
Dr. Jake has a Book “Treating Problems, Not Symptoms” which you can find on Amazon or by clicking this link – https://www.amazon.com/Treating-Problems-Not-Symptoms-Independence/dp/1728650860
Jenni Berman, PA-C specializes in weight loss through metabolic improvement, gut health, and hormone imbalances by evaluating metabolic function, medical history, and systemic inflammation.
Jenni has Three Cookbooks with Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Macrofriendly recipes which are designed to be done in 30 minutes or less, Crock Pot, or Instant Pot meals found at www.amazon.com and search: “Fit Recipe Guide”
- (1:00): The Berman Method is here to Treat Problems, Not Symptoms.
- (2:47): The primary concern of Jake’s clients is the PAIN, but we don’t want to focus on the pain, but what is CAUSING The pain. Majority of the time the cause of the pain (the problem) is not actually where the pain is.
- (8:30): Bulging Disc, DDD, etc are symptoms of something else.
- (9:40): Number one cause of back pain – Weak Glutes. Sitting causes the weakness of gluteus muscles… even if we run.
- (13:06): The three things Jenni treats with her clients – Weight Loss, Gut Health, Hormone Imbalance
- (13:26): Weight concerns are typically related to Insulin Resistance – glucose instability decreases the metabolism
- (14:05): Gut Health – we could talk about this for hours. Gut health can be related to MANY symptoms: thyroid, allergies, sinus issues, migraines.
- (16:50): Sensitivities can cause systemic internal inflammation. Sensitivities may not cause DIRECT reactions.
- (19:30): Often clients will blame their symptoms on environmental allergies, but after we identify some food sensitivities, heal the gut, and change their meal plan, their symptoms will improve even if the environment has not changed
- (20:00): Jenni also evaluates and treats Hormone Imbalances – testosterone, progesterone, estrogen, postpartum and postmenopause
- (20:36): What is the Root Problem? Look past the Symptoms and Objectively identify the Root Cause!
- (22:10): Jenni has COOKBOOKS!
- (26:20): Three cookbooks – gluten free, dairy free, macrofriendly recipes which are all designed to be made in under 30 minutes OR are crockpot/instant pot meals.
- (27:10): Next week’s episode: Chapter 1 of Dr. Jake’s book!
Join us on social media –
Email us –