**Calories in do not equal Calories out
**Proper macronutrients are recommended for individual goals
**This podcast is not meant to TREAT, but to give information about macronutrients and calories! Every individual needs different types of macros and different amounts of macros!
- (1:06): Calories, a form of energy. What calories should you focus on?
- (1:23): Calories in does not equal Calories out
- (2:45): Macronutrients – proteins, carbohydrates, fats. Carbs and Sugar are interchangeable in this conversation today.
- (4:00): Fruit is sugar.
- (5:20): We have to balance the macronutrients for each individual person.
- (7:00): You do not have to create a calorie deficit by eating less, but you can create deficits by moving more.
- (7:30): We need food to act as fuel to burn fat. People with insulin resistance don’t metabolize food for fuel.
- (8:30): Is Protein bad for you? The right types of animal proteins are important for vitamins, but you don’t HAVE to have animal protein and you can still get adequate protein
- (11:45): The body will break down muscle to get energy if you are in too much of a calorie deficit, trying to exercise, and not getting enough fuel into the cells.
- (12:00): The body also stores food as sugar (which turns to fat) when the food is not getting to the cells as fuel (insulin resistance).
- (14:00): Protein breaks down glucose so it is not stored and turned to fat. Protein takes more energy to break down – burning more calories. Protein prevents hunger as it does take longer to break down AND it balances blood sugar.
- (16:00): Skipping meals KILLS the metabolism! Skipping meals will send us into a starvation phase, then ultimately the body will store the next meal.
- (20:00): We can only metabolize so many calories and macros at one sitting.
- (24:00): Hitting your macros, for your specific body, will allow calories to fall into place for the calorie deficit if you’re wanting weight loss.
Join us on social media –
Email us –