**Quit Wearing Shoes! This could fix numerous of your problems with your feet!
**There is a whole chapter on the Foot in Dr. Berman’s Book: https://www.amazon.com/Treating-Problems-Not-Symptoms-Independence/dp/1728650860/
**Exercises to strengthen the foot: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOgxF3pbJHwo4uU0BnJQdYA
- (2:30): Anatomy of the foot – the foot is very similar to the hand anatomically.
- (3:30): The foot can do similar tasks as the hands
- (4:00): Over 100 muscles, tendons, and ligaments in the foot
- (5:15): Flat feet, high arch, or neutral arch have the same anatomy generally, unless there is a congenital difference
- (5:50): Bad feet are not generally genetic
- (8:15): Bunions….
- (9:40): Dr. Berman has found that weak gluteus muscles is most often the cause of bunions
- (11:15): The number 2 cause of bunions is weak foot muscles
- (12:15): Plantar Fasciitis…
- (13:14): Initially plantar fascia pain starts when you first get up to walk, or after walking for long periods of time, which is often sharp pain or a dull ache pain at the heel
- (16:30): What is fascia?
- (18:30): How insoles cause negative effects on your feet – actually weaken your feet.
- (19:45): Wearing insoles for many years can create more negative effects on the back, knees, hips, etc.
- (21:15): Shoes are modern day corsets.
- (24:30): TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF if you want to prevent foot pain, bunions, plantar fasciitis, or other foot anomalies. Taking your shoes off will strengthen the muscles in the foot.
Join us on social media –
Facebook: @bermanwellness, @physicaltherapynaples
Instagram: @berman_wellness, @bermanphysicaltherapy
Email us –