- (0:40): Cortisol can affect our mind, hunger, weight.
- (1:20): Abdominal weight, diabetes, high blood sugar, high cholesterol, metabolic dysfunction can be caused by elevated cortisol.
- (2:20): Cortisol is a glucocorticoid hormone which can redistribute white adipose tissue to the abdominal area.
- (2:40): WHY Cortisol levels elevate…
- (3:15): There is a release of epinephrine which is a hormone released during Fight or Flight System – this can increase sugar, leading to insulin resistance, and a release of cortisol
- (5:15): High glycemic foods can lead to an elevation of cortisol and typically the body does not metabolize these foods efficiently.
- (6:00): Cortisol actually blunts the bodies sensitivity to insulin
- (7:00): Insulin resistance causes the body to store sugar as fat, elevated cortisol causes redistribution of fat.
- (8:20): What is chronic stress… why appetite is initially low, then elevates.
- (10:00): The reasons for chronic and internal stress
- (12:00): Sleep deprivation can lead to chronic elevation of cortisol and elevated cortisol levels can cause disrupted sleep.
- (13:00): Chronic elevation of cortisol causes several cortisol spikes per day which leads to many spikes of insulin during the day.
- (15:00): There are certain supplements and amino acids that can reduce the cortisol levels
- (16:30): Controlling the sensitivity to leptin will help control sugar intake and bring down cortisol levels.
- (18:40): Improving cortisol levels and blood sugar levels will drastically improve sleep.
**This podcast is not to treat, but for entertainment purposes only**
Join us on social media –
Email us –