Jake Explains The True Meaning Behind Memorial Day!
- (0:48) Jake is solo today, it is a pre-recorded episode because they are currently heading back from Jamaica! As well, Happy Memorial Day!
- (1:30) This is our second Jamaica trip
- (2:10) Jake’s grandparents had home in Jamaica while he was growing up so he would visit often
- (2:20) We don’t do the touristy stuff, we rent a car and get up in the mountains and hang with the locals
- (2:45) We have 3 more workshops coming up, the 14th, 15th, and 16th of June and we are also starting the summer golf programs!
- (3:26) We are currently taking requests for July to start a golf program, so if you are interested in me coming out to your country club or if you want to come over to True Spec we can do it there, just reach out to me and let me know ASAP!
- (3:57) Happy Memorial Day to everyone and Jake explains the true meaning of Memorial Day
- (4:14) Both of Jake’s grandparents on his mother’s side were in the Army, they were in WW2 in the Korean War and actually met in the army
- (4:25) Someone Jake grew up with, who was like an uncle to him, was a Marine in Vietnam and one of Jake’s best friends is an Afghanistan War Veteran but today is not about them because they are the lucky ones, they made it home
- (4:44) Today is about those who were unlucky and did not make it home. They are the reason that we get to live the American dream today
- (4:57) Freedom is not free and it is easy to forget that
- (5:15) Just an FYI, Jake quit watching the news essentially when COVID started
- (5:27) Jake has a challenge for you, email him back the results on what you find from his challenge
- (6:15) Think about it.. America is truly the best country in the world. Jake knows and has worked with many migrant workers who came over here just for a CHANCE
- (7:00) This truly is the land of opportunity, if you don’t believe it, look at how many kids are becoming millionaires through social media
- (8:07) There truly is no excuse for not getting what you want in this life, we play victim so often and limit our belief systems
- (8:35) Just because I don’t know the answer or way or because nobody has done yet doesn’t mean it can’t be done
- (8:44) Jake provides an example of the above
- (9:13) Jake would ask his mentor a question and he would reply, “What do you think the answer is?” and Jake would think to himself, “I don’t know what the answer is, that’s why I asked!”
- (9:35) What this did was make Jake really start to think, and thought after a thought after a thought and after one more thought, Jake would give his answer and it would end up being correct
- (9:44) Jake provides another example and he would always come up with the answer to his question
- (10:10) The point of the story is, is that we are all capable of doing pretty much whatever we want to do and live any lifestyle we want to because of the ones that made the ultimate sacrifice
- (10:45) Jake and Jenni have been through some serious life battles and in the deepest of dark times, it’s just like, “what the hell man? Why is this happening?”
- (11:01) Because of Jake’s business coach and because of all this learning, growing, and mentoring that Jake has gone through, he has always said, “Okay, let’s figure it out, let’s find a way, there is a way, this is not the end, there is a way but we just don’t see it yet!”
- (11:21) So that’s what today is about, today is about those who gave the ultimate sacrifice so some kid could become a millionaire playing video games and streaming it.
- (11:40) They also gave the ultimate sacrifice so we can fight with each other on Facebook
- (12:00) Just stop and think for a minute today, and think to yourself that chances are, you are able to be doing what you are currently doing because of those that made the ultimate sacrifice and are not here today. Really think about it. Freedom is not free. We have people all over the world fighting for our right to fight with each other on Facebook
- (12:31) They are fighting for our right for us to take today off and burn some hotdogs and burgers. They did that. And the ones that didn’t make it home, today is about them!
Instagram: @berman_wellness, @bermanphysicaltherapy
Email us –
Check out our website –
Berman Physical Therapy is a physical therapy clinic in Naples, FL. Founded by Dr. Jake Berman, PT, DPT, Berman Physical Therapy’s mission is to help people aged 50+ keep ACTIVE and FREE of pain medications…even when their doctors and kids are telling them to “just take it easy!” Our specialists use rare Functional Manual Therapy techniques to find natural solutions to pain—without prescribing addictive painkillers or recommending dangerous surgeries. Maintain the active lifestyle you deserve.