- (0:49) Jake is here solo today
- (1:10) Today Jake is going to be answering questions
- (1:48) In regard to health & wellness, will I be on a set diet? Short answer: Absolutely Not
- (3:33) Over the past years, there has been an upgrade in the gluten free food section, especially pasta
- (4:!5) By far the most common question we get is, why don’t we take insurance?
- (5:14) Health & Wellness is essentially preventive care
- (5:43) Because of the financial interest of insurance companies, they are not willing to go down ounce of prevention because that’s not how they make their money
- (6:27) The reason that we do NOT take health insurance
- (7:08) Insurance is killing your healthcare
- (7:35) Think of your health as investment
- (8:41) When you have back pain, it just takes your life away
- (9:13) Essentially, we don’t take health insurance because we want to fix the problem not the symptom
- (9:17) Next question, Do I have to come in weekly? Depends on your goals!
- (11:34) I tell people all the time, “You can do whatever you want, if instead of coming here for starters, once every other week, you might just have more fun driving down the road, roll down your window and throw your money out your window, that might be a little bit more rewarding for you!”
- (12:08) Next question, how long will it take for my pain to go away? This is a question that we get all the time because the patient realize this might quiet the expensive endeavor
- (12:31) My answer all the time is, “How long did it take for the pain to get there in the first place?” Most of the time we are dealing with people that have been dealing with pain for a long time
- (13:00) I have a golfer right now that is 70 now but has been dealing with pain since he was discharged from the military in his early 20’s. So he’s been in pain for almost 50 years!
- (13:10) So coming and expecting a magic pill or wand to wave over you and your pain is going in an instance, is just not realistic. It really takes time. And if you want to put the time and work in, you will get the results you want
- (13:50) Jake will not be the one to fix your pain, he will help guide you but ultimately it is up to you. I am the guide, you are the hero
- (16:43) Do something on the hour every hour and it will begin going in the right direction
- (16:49) Another PT question, I have had PT before and they took my insurance, why won’t you?
- (17:05) I call those PT’s cookie cutter PT’s because they have a one size fits most
- (17:47) There is a clinic in Naples that takes insurance that I will recommend when it’s a condition that Jake doesn’t think is appropriate for them to come to him and spend cash for services. One example is is ACL recovery
- (18:34) Next question, I have tried tons of different diets and exercise programs and none of them worked! Why should I try yours?
- (18:58) You don’t need a diet, you need a lifestyle change
- (20:05) Jenni is going to give you different alternatives
- (20:25) The exercise program is self explanatory. We sit all day, we need exercise
- (22:00) Do the math, how much are you sitting?
- (22:44) Jake and Jenni are putting in the effort before most people are getting out of bed. Jake isn’t implying he is better than anyone, he is choosing his battles, that’s all it is
- (22:58) Next Question, Do you offer any discounts?
- (23:14) Hell no! Discounts are so bad
- (23:42) Jake’s business mentor told him this, “The vast majority of you are not able to provide a service that people are willing to pay for because you are NOT charging enough money!”
- (23:24) If you go to a 5 star restaurant, you are not getting out of there for less than $100 a person vs. chipotle you can get a whole meal for under $15. It is the service that the customer is willing to pay for
- (24:53) Why would you want a discount? That means you want me to discount my services to you. Jake can’t discount his prices and still provide top of the line service to you
- (25:26) Last question, one of Jake’s favorites, Why doesn’t Jake ever wear shoes?
- (26:07) Shoes are the worst thing first world countries came up with according to Jake. They are modern day corsets. There are way to many muscles, tendons and ligaments that don’t have to work when you wear shoes
- (26:36) Do Jake a favor and please forward this podcast out to your friends because Jake wants to be as transparent as possible. If you have any questions that you would like answered on the podcast, email your questions to DrBerman@bermanpt.com or submit a question on social media! Give us your questions and we will be happy to answer them!
Join us on social media –
Instagram: @berman_wellness, @bermanphysicaltherapy
Email us –
Check out our website –
Berman Physical Therapy is a physical therapy clinic in Naples, FL. Founded by Dr. Jake Berman, PT, DPT, Berman Physical Therapy’s mission is to help people aged 50+ keep ACTIVE and FREE of pain medications…even when their doctors and kids are telling them to “just take it easy!” Our specialists use rare Functional Manual Therapy techniques to find natural solutions to pain—without prescribing addictive painkillers or recommending dangerous surgeries. Maintain the active lifestyle you deserve.