- (1:40) It’s March Madness, where hard work out work talent that doesn’t work hard
- (2:44) Jenni is light years ahead of Jake one year into her business
- (4:32) March is national nutrition month
- (6:56) Complex and simple Carbohydrates
- (7:43) The difference between complex and simple carbohydrates
- (8:53) Carbohydrates and sugar are used synonymously
- (9:01) We have carbs that are better for us because they provide fiber
- (9:20) Net carbohydrates – How fiber interacts with carbs
- (10:07) Carbohydrates are broken down into sugar
- (11:15) Healthiest and worst fruits to eat
- (12:20) Why do we need fiber?
- (12:45) Benefits of lowering our cholesterol
- (13:05) You can lower your cholesterol by dietary changes
- (13:47) We are David Vs. Goliath going up against the corporate medical system. We’re focused on treating the problems compared to the symptoms
- (14:03) Bad cholesterol is typically related to saturated fats compared to good cholesterol is going to be related to cardiovascular exercise and good fats
- (15:17) Fiber will help with the circulating bad cholesterol
- (15:55) The more fiber you have, the less hungry you are
- (16:37) You should have fiber apart of every meal
- (17:27) Fiber through complex carbs are really important for your cholesterol and heart
- (17:50) Why does all this matter?
- (18:40) Number one cause of death is heart disease
- (19:51) Quality of life decreases over time when we deal with the side effects of heart disease
- (20:12) Adding life to years, not years to life
- (21:13) There is no downside to any of this!
- (21:53) Sugar alcohols
- (22:08) Jake eats too many protein bars during his hunting trips!
- (23:22) Heart health is important for your quality of life because most people aren’t living their life to the fullest
Join us on social media –
Email us –
Check out the new book, The Berman Method of Golf Performance – www.bermanpt.com/book
Berman Physical Therapy is a physical therapy clinic in Naples, FL. Founded by Dr. Jake Berman, PT, DPT, Berman Physical Therapy’s mission is to help people aged 50+ keep ACTIVE and FREE of pain medications…even when their doctors and kids are telling them to “just take it easy!” Our specialists use rare Functional Manual Therapy techniques to find natural solutions to pain—without prescribing addictive painkillers or recommending dangerous surgeries. Maintain the active lifestyle you deserve.