The Results are in for Bears Paw Country Club (First Group Program)
Episode #2 – The Results Are in For Bears Paw Country Club (First Group Program)
Star host Jenni Berman!
- (2:06) We will be discussing Jake’s golfers at Bears Paw Country Club that he just wrapped up doing the 12 week GROUP Golf Performance Sessions
- (2:30) It was Jake’s first time doing a group setting. Two groups, one with 5 golfers and the other with 4
- (3:00) There is not one golfer who has gone through the program 1 on 1 and NOT gain distance off the tee, we have 100% success rate
- (3:29) What is the Golf Performance Program?
- (4:29) The amount of weeks is negotiable but it is 24 contact hours
- (4:57) Jake took all of that and what he learned by doing 1 on 1 sessions and applied it toward his first golf group session
- (5:07) The results for Bears Paw are in and they are GOOD!
- (6:16) The max gained distance off the tee was 41 YARDS but his average distance gained was hitting the golf ball 60 yards further off the tee
- (8:30) When we can change the overall average it drastically changes your golf game – for the better
- (8:39) How was all this measured?
- (9:30) More golf statistics from the groups
- (10:09) The average gained distance for all 9 golfers was 18 yards off the tee and 13 yards with the 7 iron
- (10:55) The group sessions aren’t going to be as beneficial as a one on one setting. But the fact we were able to add an average of 18 yards between 9 people is significant
- (12:00) How does someone know if they should go with the individual or group? Depends on how serious you are
- (13:00) If you are a competitive golfer that is frustrated the individual is for you but if you are just looking to add some distance to you golf shot then the group session is for you
- (13:45) Jenni has 0 interest in playing golf
- (14:03) What does Jake do to help the golfers add distance
- (14:33) Jake is not golf professional, he is just a biomechanics expert
- (15:15) Your golf swing will be different at the end of the program than the beginning of it because your mobility is improving. When you are more mobile you are able to hit the golf ball farther
- (15:40) We are working on getting golfers more flexible, stronger specifically during the golf swing
- (16:00) One golfer entered with a lot of back pain and told us recently that his back pain is basically non existent while he was playing golf – this is due to getting the correct muscles firing
- (17:36) Jake doesn’t want people to think this is an exercise thing. It’s very functional, where you get in the golf stance and just stand there. Now lets work on getting the core and glutes activated and making sure you are balanced.
- (18:28) Jake has had multiple come up to him saying they don’t care if the golf ball goes farther, they just want to play a round without their back hurting, and he always says the same thing, “I help you out with your back but you’re gonna have to accept the farther distance
- (19:30) We are trying to get into a lot more golf clubs this summer. If anyone listening to this is interested in Jake to come to your club on site and do a golf performance session, you need to reach out to him ASAP because we are currently talking with a handful of other clubs.
- (20:07) We want to do a program this summer with at least 2 other clubs. We currently have 3 in the process of getting scheduled. So if we had 5 total this summer, we would be pretty full. 5 is the limit
- (20:28) How do they do that? Reach out to Jake via email DrBerman@bermanpt.com or call/text 239-431-0232. Reach out THIS WEEK! We are starting June 1st at the absolute latest!
- (22:29) If anyone knows how to get ahold of Tiger, let Jake know, he NEEDS The Berman Method of Golf Performance
- Facebook: @bermanwellness , @physicaltherapynaples
Email us –
Check out our website –
Berman Physical Therapy is a physical therapy clinic in Naples, FL. Founded by Dr. Jake Berman, PT, DPT, Berman Physical Therapy’s mission is to help people aged 50+ keep ACTIVE and FREE of pain medications…even when their doctors and kids are telling them to “just take it easy!” Our specialists use rare Functional Manual Therapy techniques to find natural solutions to pain—without prescribing addictive painkillers or recommending dangerous surgeries. Maintain the active lifestyle you deserve.